Article Source: New Strategic Robot All Media 2019-11-18
Futuristic robot, vision navigation industry unmanned vehicle leader
Future Robotics (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as Future Robotics), founded in 2016 by a team of professors and doctors from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, has become the Chinese mobile robotics (AGV) industry in 2019 with world-leading visual navigation technology and strong explosive power A dark horse has achieved more than 50 million yuan in industrial unmanned vehicle sales in just three years, attracting much attention.
Focus on visual navigation technology
Compared with traditional AGV navigation methods such as magnetic lines, QR codes and lasers, visual navigation has three core advantages.
1) Strong ease of use: Obtaining rich color and texture information in the environment through a visual camera can help mobile robots achieve efficient positioning, control, and perception in natural environments, greatly improving operational efficiency, accuracy, and stability, while reducing project implementation Difficulty and shorten on-site commissioning time. Compared with other navigation methods, the visual navigation of robots in the future can adapt to the complex scenarios of customers in general use needs, for example, shelves and pallets cannot be unified due to long-term deformation; a large proportion of goods are overboard; unpredictable handling capacity is short Increase; vehicle scheduling in narrow spaces, etc.
2) Pan-university: Modular visual navigation technology, which can easily realize the unmanned upgrading of industrial vehicles by adding them to the industrial vehicle body. At present, the robot vision navigation module of the future can already adapt to more than 180 industrial vehicles of 6 brands.
3) High cost performance: The cost advantage of vision sensors has greatly reduced the cost of the product. The price of the world's top industrial camera supplier is about 3,000 yuan, which is 10-20% of the price of laser sensor products of the same level. Therefore, in the cycle of return on investment of end customers, the visual navigation industrial unmanned vehicle has obvious advantages over other navigation methods.
After 9 years (6 years before the establishment of the company and 3 years after the establishment), the future robot doctor team will achieve the ultimate "visual navigation technology to drive industrial unmanned vehicles", leading the world. The visual navigation industrial unmanned vehicle technology module and vehicle dispatching system independently developed by the team lead the underlying positioning, sensing and control logic and standards of international robotics, and have strong product competitiveness in the domestic and global markets.
Dr. Luyang Li, co-founder of Future Robots, said in an interview with the new media robotics reporter. The combination of sports and sports is more perfect, which further improves the ease of use, versatility and cost-effectiveness of the product, and promotes the inflection point of the industry. "
Video: Mr. Li Luyang, the future robot, was interviewed by all media reporters of the new strategic robot
Rich industry head customer cases Leading the global visual industry unmanned vehicle field
Future Robot is a platform company that provides unmanned upgrades for industrial vehicles. Its business covers R & D and upgrades of industrial unmanned vehicles in production lines, warehouses, logistics parks, airports and other semi-structured scenarios. It is understood that the future robot vision industry unmanned vehicle products have been successfully applied to more than 30 industry head customer sites.
In the field of unmanned vehicles for the vision industry, robots in the future have two points of continuous capital and advantages.
1) Technology accumulation. For nine years, he has been deeply involved in the field of visual navigation. In the next three years, he will continue to increase investment in research and development, and continue to build technical barriers to the future of robots in the field of visual navigation with the world's top teams. "The responsibility of industry-leading companies is to promote the emergence of an inflection point in the industry, and robots are making unremitting efforts in the future. Whether there can be an inflection point in the field of industrial unmanned vehicles, we believe that market demand is not a problem, and the determining factor is technology and products. Responsible In other words, so far no industrial unmanned vehicle products of any company in the world can fully meet the needs of customers for efficiency, function, cost, and model modification. Therefore, we will not feel a little gratified about the current state, but will focus on technology and Before the product can fully meet the needs of customers, continue to increase investment in research and development, continue to deepen vision navigation technology and products, and work hard at night, and move forward. "Dr. Li Luyang emphasized in an interview.
2) The business model is mature and has accumulated extensive project experience. It is understood that future robot vision navigation industry unmanned vehicle products and systems have been successfully used in e-commerce logistics, retail logistics, bonded logistics, FMCG manufacturing, automobile manufacturing, new energy and other fields, and more than 60% of customers are the world 500. Future robots have multiple industry-first solutions for complex scenarios, including the first implementation of 9.4 meters unmanned high-level shelf operations, industry-leading adaptive pick-and-place technology and real-time positioning and correction technology, and creatively solve multiple unshaped parts without people Handling difficulties. At the 2019 CEMAT Asia International Logistics Exhibition, the future robot vision navigation control module was stunningly unveiled, and exhibited the world's first high-precision multilayer material frame stacking solution. "In our industry, all valuable technologies and products need to be precipitated and mined through the needs and application scenarios of a large number of customers, and then forced to develop. The R & D results are verified to the actual needs and application scenarios of customers, and then forced again. R & D can only be achieved by such continuous iteration. If you only make a laboratory prototype or have just deployed 1-2 customer sites, the amount of product is still far away, because you may not even understand the actual needs of customers. The advantage of future robots lies in the continuous iteration of technology and products through a large number of customer sites and application scenarios. The research and development team always optimizes the product along the gradient direction without departing from the customer. This way, the fastest growth and the highest R & D efficiency. His perspective on the relationship between customer needs and research and development.
Video: Future robot vision industrial unmanned vehicle field application
For future development, Li Luyang said, "The ease of use, versatility, and cost-effectiveness of visual navigation technology are continuous optimization items, and we will always adhere to it. Based on this, we have expanded the outdoor unmanned tractors in the airport in 2019. Scenarios will gradually expand the important application scenarios of industrial unmanned vehicles such as docks. The goal of future robots is to become the world's leading precision unmanned general technology platform company. "